Building or renovating a custom inground pool is a very detailed process. You are making a significant investment and everything needs to be done in the proper order to ensure that you end up with the results you expected. You want to work with a pool designer having vast experience managing complex pool construction projects. Below is an outline of the basic steps involved in the design and construction of your project. As each project is unique, the process will vary. View our Portfolio of Projects to see work-in-progress photos of northern New Jersey homes.
Inground Pool Designing and Planning
- We meet with you to determine the goals and budget, review the property and draft a preliminary sketch.
- A detailed plan is drafted with a cost estimate and draft construction agreement.
- All permits and construction documents required (dependent upon the town) are obtained.
- The site prep and layout is exciting because you will see the shape of your pool on the ground.
Pool Excavation & Formation
- The formation and excavation is the most involved (and loud) part of the construction. Once completed, you will be on the way to a beautiful, tranquil backyard.
- Plumbing and Equipment are set in place.
- Structural steel re-bar is installed. Electrical runs and hookups are installed.
- Town inspection/corrections are performed, if necessary.
- Shotcrete (concrete interior of pool) is applied.
- Clean-up, trench burying, and general grading of pool deck
- Pool Deck, Tile, and Fencing and Barrier are installed
Final Touches and Cleanup
- Final town inspection and homeowner schedules gas hookup
- The pool’s interior is finished.
- Your pool is filled and started
- We have an orientation meeting with to explain how to operate your pool
- Landscaping is installed and property is restored.
- Your new outdoor oasis is ready to be enjoyed!